Meliora Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub - Nontoxic-Zero-waste-cleaning
This gentle home cleaning scrub is a great replacement for harsh chemical scrubs for your kitchen and bathroom. This Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub is a great way to add a little kick to your people- and planet-friendly home cleaning. This mixture of baking soda and our All-Purpose Home Cleaner Soap works great on the tub, tiles, and stovetops around your home. It's also 100% biodegradable and septic-safe. These ingredients are safe to use around your family and our planet will be better off with fewer chemicals.
Why We Chose This Product: This product exceeded our expectations when we put this to the test on our messy bathrooms & dirty pots and pans, along with sinks, etc. Our number one requirement for home cleaning products is that they have to work. Not all "eco-friendly" or "natural" cleaning products are created equal. This gentle home cleaning scrub from Meliora goes above and beyond and we are happy to recommend this to everyone. This is now a staple in our home.
Why We Love This Product: As you already know, we are extremely selective about the ingredients included in the products we carry. Meliora products always pass the test, and we are proud to support their brand. Combine their natural ingredients, with their knowledge of cleaning powder, with the fact that their products are zero waste and plastic free, and well, we were sold! Remember that each and every time you choose to buy a product from a brand that is setting a higher standard, you are voting with your dollar and driving change, 4 The Greater Good!
✓ 100% Plastic-Free
✓ Palm-Oil Free
✓ Synthetic Fragrance-Free
100% biodegradable and septic-safe.
Instructions for Use
Sprinkle Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub Onto Wetted Surface*
Rub with Damp Cotton Rags, Sponge, or Hessian dish sponge
Rinse Surface and Wipe Dry
*Always test a new surface in an inconspicuous area to ensure baking soda won't scratch or harm the finish.
Safe for Use on:
Avoid Using Scrub On:
- Non-Stick Cookware
Each item is Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and MADE SAFE Certified. 1% of every sale goes towards environmental causes.
Full Ingredient List [PEPPERMINT TEA TREE]: Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Organic
Melaleuca Alternafolia Leaf (Tea Tree) Oil
Net Weight 12 oz.
Nerd Alert: More Detailed Information On Ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate is an odor neutralizer and gentle abrasive.
- Vegetable Soap:
- Sodium Cocoate: This is the chemical name of saponified (that is, 'made into soap') coconut oil. It's the chemical that grabs onto both dirt and water to do the cleaning.
- Glycerin: This substance is chemically a type of alcohol and is naturally created when the oil is converted into soap. Glycerin is known for skin-softening abilities and is an effective solvent, meaning it can dissolve substances such as stains and dirt.
- Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: There is a small amount of coconut oil left in the soap after conversion to sodium cocoate. This is because we use sodium hydroxide, or lye, in the conversion process and leaving excess oil ensures there is no remaining lye in the finished product. Some soapmakers refer to this as 'superfatting' and more oil remaining results in a softer, more moisturizing bar. Our coconut soap bars have only a small amount of excess oil, so they are not the luxurious body bar type and more of a 'get the job done' bar.
- Water: Water is used in the soapmaking process as a substance that dissolves lye and then is a medium so the lye can reach all of the oil to react. After being useful in this process, the water is allowed to evaporate from the soap over a period of several weeks, and the resulting dried bar has very little water. There is only about 5% water remaining in the finished bars, thus making them more shelf-stable than a liquid soap that would require a preservative due to the high (about 60%) water.