4 The Greater Good is a proud member of the Long Island Farmer's Market in Huntington, NY. We have made many great friends here and the vendors that sell their homemade, homegrown, hand made items are wonderful. Now that we have all decided to step back and enjoy some social distancing; we wanted to give you a list of these amazing vendors because many of them are offering pickup and delivery options.
There are farmers and vendors all across Long Island that are growing fresh food locally, baking fresh bread, cooking organic homemade bone broth, and local customers flock to these markets each and every week. Now that we have had to step away from these markets, many of the vendors have decided to make themselves and their goods available through other means. What does this mean? You can get lots of these fresh and local goodies delivered to your home, or arrange for pickup. So if you are missing your homemade dog treats, or can't quite make your store-bought mushrooms taste as good as Jonny's.... wait no longer!
Here they are in alphabetical order.
- 4 The Greater Good (East Northport)- We currently carry a wide variety of toxin-free/ plastic-free products, including but not limited to dishwasher detergent tabs, shampoo bars, lip balm, bamboo toothbrushes, and face lotion. All Zero Waste & Plastic free. 4 The Greater Good is currently offering free shipping and local delivery.
- Althea's Tropical Delights (Queens, NY)- Althea's Tropical Delights are a great way for you to get a delicious tropical exotic rum cake. These cakes are made with and without alcohol. Reach out for details on delivery and pickup options.
- Big Cheese NY - Reach out to Mark Cassin to place an order for a wide variety of delicious and fresh cheeses. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram: @thebigcheeseny
- Cori's Kitchen (Rockville Centre, NY) - Reach out to Cori directly to purchase yum yum bars (chocolate chip, nut, toffee bars), healthy breakfast cookies, fresh baked goods, crumb & pound cakes, and homemade granola. You can reach her via 516.528.1773 and check out her delicious creations on her Facebook.
- Finest Foods NY (Huntington, NY) - Reach out to Don at Finest Foods in Huntington, NY. Don is a local farmer who grows and delivers fresh microgreens and sprouts, right to your door. Visit his website to sign up and learn more. He can also be reached at 631.678.5175.
- Jon's Mushrooms - Jon is Long Island's mushroom farmer and forager. His mushrooms are delicious and he always has some great ideas for how to prepare them for a wide variety of dishes. Reach out to him to support your local mushroom farmer. You can reach Jon via Instagram @streetleafsjonny, via email at email@example.com or give him a call at 631.834.9172.
- Little Lexi's Barkery (Oceanside) - If your furry friend needs some fresh-baked, homemade treats without all of the preservatives found in store-bought dog treats, contact Mindy at 516.766.8130. You can also get free shipping on orders of $50 or more through her website. If you would prefer the option of pickup, she's available for that as well.
- Mana Sauces (Oyster Bay, NY) - Contact Al Frenza directly for your purchases of his delicious homemade hummus (Roasted garlic leek, turmeric, and more) or purchase fresh-made pesto or the famous spicy black bean dip. Al is happy to deliver for free on all orders of $25 or more or will be happy to set a pickup location of convenience. You can reach Al at 646.596.0216 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nanny E Crafts - For all of your hand-sewn needs you can reach out to Eileen on Facebook.
- NY Bone Broth and Soup - Looking for an order of fresh homemade bone broth? Delicious soups made from bone broth? Or pasta and all kinds of ravioli? Give Antonio a call or visit his store in Franklin Square. He also will provide free delivery throughout Long Island. So give him a call at 347.886.9001.
- Orwasher's Bakery - Everyone's favorite homemade bread is going to be available for pickup very soon. Please check back and we will be sure to update you as soon as a pickup location is confirmed. Orwasher's bread will be available on Sundays only. To place an order please send an email to Lona at LIWinterMarket@optonline.net.
- Paula's Perfect Gifts - Contact Paula Georges for your Thirty-One Bags orders. Now is the perfect time to get your home reorganized, or take your family outside for a wonderful picnic. For beautiful organization products, and reusable bags to make your picnic sustainable, contact Paula directly at 631.987.9008 or visit her website.
- Scents 4 My Soul (Huntington, NY)- All natural holistic oils and pain relief oils. Carolyn is your contact and she is a wealth of information. She currently offers a safe 100% all-natural plant-based essential oil Hand Sanitizer. Most hand sanitizers on the market are a chemical – (toxic) base product.
- Vines & Branches (Rockville Centre, NY) - Is a local, Long Island-based company in Rockville Center. They offer all of their products for sale via their website or you can visit them at their shop in Rockville Center. Call them at 516.608.2200.
Please note 4 The Greater Good is simply providing a list of vendors we have come to know and love at the Farmers Market. We cannot be held responsible for any product, service, or information you receive from these vendors. As always do your own research. We hope you reach out and support your local farmers and markets and establish some great friendships, just as we have.
Sending all of our Long Island neighbors much love! Thank you for buying and supporting local businesses. If you know another farmer or vendor we should include on our list, please reach out.